Some days we forget to look around us
Some days we can't see the joy that surrounds us
So caught up inside ourselves
We take when we should give
So for tonight we pray for
What we know can be
And on this day we hope for
What we still can't see
It's up to us to be the change
And even though we all can still do more
There's so much to be thankful for
Look beyond ourselves, there's so much sorrow
It's way too late to say, I'll cry tomorrow
Each of us must find our truth
We're so long overdue
So for tonight we pray for
What we know can be
And every day we hope for
What we still can't see
It's up to us to be the change
And even though we all can still do more
There's so much to be thankful for
Even with our differences
There is a place we're all connected
Each of us can find each others love
So for tonight we pray for
What we know can be
And on this day we hope for
What we still can't see
It's up to us to be the change
And even though this world needs so much more
There's so much to be thankful for

19 comments:
I am thankful for my friends.
Alot of the people in this class I have been friends with since 7th grade. We have had our ups and downs, and have gone through alot of changes, but we have all managed to remain close friends.
I am also thankful for my family. We have been through the toughest year out of any, and all of the deaths have brought us just that much closer.
-kalie*
I am very thankful for many things. I am thankful to be alive. I love my friends and family and am happy that they are there for me no matter what happens. I am thankful for my job and that I have a bright future ahead of me. Most of all I am thankful for everyone who has ever taught me anything that has helped me become who I am.
I think this is a beautiful song and it really makes you think about others during this holiday season. We have so many things to be thankful for: family, friends, a warm home, an education, etc. This time of year is the time when we need to think of others. Like the song says: "It's up to us to be the change." We have so many opportunities to make the world a better place. Simple things like giving people coats and blankets for the winter, donating food for people to eat. All of the things that we take for granted every day can change someone's life forever.
I am thankful for many things. Such as, my family, my friends, and last but not least, my teachers. Yes it sounds cheesy, but without teachers like Mrs. Knight, who get up everyday and attempt to teach us knuckle heads, we'd all be... well stupid. Secondly I am very thankful for everyone who welcomed me to this school. Moving schools wasn't the easiest thing I've ever done but because of many of you, you have made it easier. So this year I am thankful for: my family, ma friends, and all my teachers. Thanks Ya'll
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!
The last line of the song sums it up, "there's so much to be thankful for"...In my life I definitely have a LOT to be thankful for- my friends, my family, and my faith mainly! :) I am blessed with loving parents and friends and don't know what I would do without them, but isn't Thanksgiving over? This should be about Christmas...
Just like everyone has posted, I am very thankful for many things in my life and I am sure there are other things that I am thankful for that haven't come to mind. i am most thankful for my family and my friends who support me in every way possible. Without the best of friends and my family behind me, each day wouldn't be possible to get through. I am also thankful for my faith, just like Kelli has said. The Lord blesses us all whether we know it or not and I am very thankful for that. Happy Holidays! :)
I am thankful for my friends and family. My friends have been there any time i have ever needed them no matter what the situation, and i have been friends with most of them since i was in middle school. Even though we have our times of disagreement they are always there when needed.
I am thankful for my family, my mom the most, even though they are many miles away i know they support me with my life decisions and the things i accomplish. Everyone should sit back and take a look at their lives and notice the little things every now and then...
there are so many things i take for granted. i think its the the holidays where we all have that time to just settle down at least on the inside and say "Hey, you know what, I Love You and I'm really thankful that you are apart of my life." I think we all need that in our lives. If we didn't then we would just be alone.
Im most thankful for my family, friends, my teachers, and just those i see everyday. my loved ones give me strength to live. thats what im thankful for.
I have so many things to be thankful for.
First of all my family, especially my parents, because i know i never give them enough credit. They do so much for me and most times i don't even realize it. I'm also thankful that i have a good school to go to and have a lot of opportunities for my life.
Allie :)
I am thankful for a lot of things. The things I am most thankful for would be my family and friends. I don't know what I would do without them. They are always there for me, and we can always laugh and have a good time. I love the Holiday season because it brings everyone close together and we can enjoy ourselves. It brings lots of fun and excitement. I am very thankful that I have a fun loving family and lots of close friends.
I am very thankful for my family, even though i may not like them at times I don't know what i would do without them. I'm especially thankful for my brother that has taught me many things. I also am thankful for my friends, they make my life enjoyable. I thank the Lord every night for all my blessings, and especially during this season. HappyalmostmerryChristmas!
-Logan
There are way too many things i should be thankful for and i am most thankful for well oh of them. Some people take live for granted and they dont know what they have until its gone. I am thankful for all of my friends, they help me and are here when no one else is, but not only my friends my family is a big part of my life without them i would not be able to make it through life, they have taught me so much and have always been there for me. never think life is too hard you will always get through it keepp your head high and keep looking for a better day it will eventually come
I am most thankful for my family but mainly my brother. He's been with me my whole life and we have been inseparable ever since we were young. I can talk with him about anything and even when I do wrong he still sees me as a great person. Even though he is at college, we remain very close and the holidays bring him home so I enjoy every minute of it. Also my mom because she is always willing to help me out with anything and very understanding. I am thankful for my friends because they help me with all my problems and are there for me when I need them. Holidays always bring friends and family together. So cherish these moments while you have them, because at anytime and any day they could be gone.
I am thankful for many things. One is that i get to spend EVERYDAY in the class with Mrs. Knight. Also that i get to sit next to the sexy Cody Sullivan and Nick Lehky. I am also thankful that i have family to turn to when i need them. i am also thankful that God gave me the talent to be an absolute beast at baseball. Also that i get to have fun while I'm at school in your class while doing Biology.
Love,
Austin
This is a very good song, and makes you realize alot. I am thankful for my friends. They have been there for me through thick an thin and i wouldnt know how to handle life without them. Of course i also thankful for my family. No matter whats going on in your life you will always have your family. I am thankful to know my grandads before they passed. They were always there for me no matter what, and i am very lucky to meet such good people before they left. But being thankful for family is always a big thing for me because you never know when they are going to leave I am also thankful to have God in my life. :)
SAMANTHA RENEE FLOOD!! :):)
a.k.a best student you have
im thankful that i am the brightest most amazing student in the whole world. im also glad god has given me amazing good looks. im glad i get to sit by austin because he is just darn sexy. im not thankful for my other neighbor. Im thankful for logs and his sweet nickname. Im also thankful for allie (TM) and Lexi (DS). Therefore im thankful that i am 99.99999% perfect
Love, your favorite student,
Cody Sully
i am thankful for my family, my crazy friends, and my awesomeness of a car. the holidays usually make us realize what we are really thankful for.
I have a lot to be thankful for. One being my family. They are always there for me no matter what happens and no matter what i do. Another is my friends. They are also always there for me. I'm also thankful for God getting me to be where I am today and for getting me through everything I've had to go through. And I am thankful for all the people who have helped me plan my future, which I am very excited about. Thank you to every one! :)
Post a Comment